Sunday, February 1, 2009

it's all in the name


I have a thing about picking wine off a list that I have no clue about, except for being intrigued by the name. It never fails - and last night at Canele in Atwater Village, a total gem with great ambiance and fantastic food, I did just that. I can't give myself all the credit because it was kind of a joint effort. I was asked to pick out one of several that had really cool names and see if we had made the same selection. I loved the anticipation - was I going to pick the same one he had in mind? I just went on my gut feeling, and bingo! We were curious about the same one... The Prisoner, a 2007  Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon blend from Napa. It was divine. It complemented the Beef Tenderloin perfectly and finished off so beautifully with the creamy cheesecake topped with sour cream. Even the label is rad. Thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment