Wednesday, July 29, 2009

sesame seeds & coffee

today is day 38 of my 40 day Kundalini Yoga bootcamp and meditation. I only slept 4 hours. I am proud of myself that I have come this far and was able to get out of bed and go to the Rec Center for class. but the last days are the most challenging and it's where it counts the most. I have done a 40 day meditation before and there is always something that surfaces to challenge your commitment. I succeffully completed 40 days last year in September-October and even managed to stay committed during a trip up to San Francisco and Sonoma to get my Balinese wood.

this time it's different. I am waking up monday-friday at 6 am to go somewhere and practice. and I continue on the weekend on my own. the challenge of getting out of bed no matter what time it is has always been my weakness. I love sleep. dreaming is my world. but since I have stayed focused on my mission to complete these 40 days strong, I have found that my days are turning into a dreamland playground and life is magical all around.

I treated myself to comfort food Silverlake Coffee Co.- style after class this morning: a perfectly toasted sesame seed Brooklyn Bagel with egg and cheese and a mocha. i'm finally getting used the the idea that it's ok to indulge in life's little pleasures, even after a cleansing yoga class. it's overcast outside and the moisture in the air is cooling. but in my world today, the energy and light that I have been cultivating is carrying me through, along with a little caffeine buzz and yummy goodness to boot. "may the long time sun shine upon you, all the love surround you and the pure light within you, guide your way on."

No comments:

Post a Comment