Monday, July 20, 2009

summertime

I have neglected my creative flow the past few months and as summer expands, I am finding that I have been on hold for some time now, but for what? There has been so much to be inspired by: Chinatown, night-blooming jasmine overhanging my entryway, my 40 day Kundalini Yoga Bootcamp practice and meditation at the Rec Center in Echo Park (hooray!), ice cream at Pazzo Gelato, the Hollywood Bowl with friends, moving my family into the new Ratsiu Residence in Huntington Beach, potential love around the corner, my blooming business as the Rental Girl, and heading out to Portland (for the first time!), Seattle and San Diego for a long overdue vacation. I met my new yoga teacher's wife Jamila the other day and fell in love with her website, blog and business concept eleven eleven. I was so happy I got to tell her how much she inspired me and how dedicated she is, it's no easy feat to keep up a blog with so many exciting and beautiful bits of random things. So I am committing to keeping up with my creative side and no matter what, remind myself (and anyone else who cares to read along!) of what makes life so beautiful, big or small. It doesn't have to be a long blog entry - even if just a word about what makes my heart sing. Just to stay connected to the Source. And with that, I will note my latest new find today at one of my favorite coffee stops: Cafe de Leche in Highland Park, the "chai-chata". Chai and horchata mixed - could there be anything more delightful? And it was iced. Yum. Definitely worth trying, as I was on my way to get a Mexican Mocha which is to die for as well. One last thing, I finally stopped by the Fifth Floor Gallery in Chinatown and talked to Robert (the owner, who works in the tool crib at Otis and who I know from the wood working class I took there a couple years ago) about mineral forest. Crossing my fingers for whatever there is in store for me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment